Share it Please
Unfortunately the pictures with my eyes closed aren't very high quality. I will try and take better pictures the next time I have the shadow on.
Now for some pros:
1) You can make this eyeshadow sheer by using less shadow and more primer when mixing.
2) You can make this eyeshadow look like you've simply glued metal on to your eyelids by applying primer to your lids and then applying the shadow directly on top of it.
3) Despite its looks, the shadow is soft and spreads like a gorgeous golden butter. (You should actually probably pat it on, but feel free to try any application style you want.)
4) SHINY! Your eyelids will look like a leprechaun's pot of gold.
5) You get to use your fingers for application, so no special brushes to buy.
6) Once it is on your face it doesn't move around (unless you used too much primer).
7) At the end of the day this came of with a normal makeup wipe. I even buy the cheap Up & Up wipes from Target and they had no problem removing the shadow what so ever. However, I do have a feeling that if you just tried using face wash that it would smear all over your face, turning you into a disco ball, but I have yet to test this theory.
Now for the cons:
1) If you are wanting to blend this shadow with another it is difficult as drys on your face quickly and doesn't respond well to brushes. Doing this well is definitely possible, it will just take you more work. If you need some inspiration, I posted a link to this video previously, but it is just so good I am posting it again.
For ideas on how to apply this shadow without any other products, check out this video by Sephora:
2) Your fingers end up coated in glitter, but it comes off easily enough.
3) I have a feeling that if you just tried using face wash to remove this eye shadow that it would smear all over your face, turning you into a disco ball, but I have yet to test this theory. (Look at number 6 in 'Pros' to solve this issue.)
This shadow is far more complicated than any shadow I have purchased before and it seems to have much more potential, so I'm sure you will see several future updates and looks. I love the sheer look with red lipstick you can see in Sephora's video.
Have you tried this shadow? If so, let me know what you think below! Or if you have any questions about it, I will do my best to answer them.