Share it Please
How To: Give Yourself A Manicure
- Clean your nails. I like using cleaners that are acetone free.
- Groom your cuticles. Make sure they are pushed back to your nail beds.
- Trim and file your nails. There are so many great nail shapes, choose one that works for you. I've always heard that if you have rounded nail beds you should have a squared tip and vice versa, but some of my fingers have squared beds and others round, so I tend to make my nail tips a sort of square with rounded edges.
- Moisturize. Use any lotion you like so long as it won't leave your nails greasy.
- Choose your base color. I did two different looks. For the light colored look I used two coats of Essie's Allure and for the dark I used two coats of Maybelline Color Show's Twilight Rays. Let it dry.
- Follow up with your sparkle. I used Starry Blue for the light manicure and Chunky Holo Black for the dark manicure. Let it dry.
- Follow up with a top coat. I use Sally Hansen's Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat. The biggest reason I use this top coat is that I'm terribly impatient. It lets you apply this over your manicure just two minutes later and the entire thing is dried in seconds. Now if you push on the manicure, you could still ruin it depending on how many coats you have, but it isn't going to smear just because you touched it. Now you're done! Enjoy!
|I just love the Chunky Holo Black color!|
Chunky Holo Black & Starry Blue - C/O Sparkle On; Allure - Essie; Twilight - Maybelline; Insta-Dri Anti-Chip Top Coat - Sally Hansen.